Thursday, August 4, 2011

Preparing for Mother's Day Event

Pura vida !! I’m doing great, and enjoying life here on the base with my YWAM family! It’s still so surreal to me that I’m a missionary, and I’m incredibly blessed to be surrounded by such awesome men and women of God! I’m inspired more each day to be a woman of vision, and I’m praying that God shows me how I fit into the awesome things He wants to do through YWAM San Jose.
This week has been super busy as my director and I have been preparing for our 1st Mother’s Day event this month on Saturday. We will also do our normal kids program, so the work has been endless. We are determined to everything with excellence, and are very excited about blessing the moms in this community in a very special way. They will be served a nice breakfast and will hear an uplifting word from a staff member. Some YWAM staff ladies will be doing manicures and hand massages to finish the event, and we have purposely left some time in between the encouraging word and the manicures to pray and minister to the moms if the Lord is speaking to them. Each mom will also receive a special gift as she leaves. I will be working with the kids program this week, but next weekend will be with the moms.
I will share more on Sunday or Monday about the events and about how God has been blessing me over the past week. I am super tired, and would like to get as much rest as possible the next two days, as we might be doing a full day on Saturday. Every other Saturday Renate works with a local church and is training them to take over the Metro program in the near future so we might be heading over there after the Mother’s day event.

I would like to finish with some prayer requests. Please pray for the event this weekend and that we would finish all of our preparations in a timely manner. Pray that God would already be stirring the hearts of the ladies who are coming, and that they would be encouraged, healed, and would receive revelations from the Spirit. Many are single moms struggling to provide for their kids, and have been in abusive relationships. We just want to show them the love of Christ, and our prayer is that they will come to know Christ personally and make better decisions for themselves and their families.

Also pray for my friend Pedro, as he is having some health issues. He has not been feeling well for the last few weeks, so he went to his hometown here in Costa Rica to have some tests run.

Have a great weekend and I’ll post an update from this weekend in a few days!

Living for Him,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment