Friday, January 14, 2011

Costa Rica night

I'm not sure when I'll be able to post since we will be staying at churches for the next 3 weeks. We were so excited to have a handful of new people we met come to our party, along with most of the staff here at the Berlin base, and a few friends from Jerusalem church. We were super excited to see a few friends from the park come including the young man my small group prayed for and a dealer! I was so surprised that our new friend, with time, got into the party. He even danced with us! He took a few smoke breaks and we made sure one of us was out there so he wasn't alone. One of guys had a really good conversation with him, and once the party was over, he just hung around. He seemed like he just didn't want to leave. So we gave him some left over soup from dinner, and a few folks sat down with him. They shared the Gospel with him, and he asked how he could have that in his life. So,as far as we know, he received Christ as his Lord & Savior last night!
The dealer was super nice and had conversations with many of us. I think he felt the love from our group, and we even stopped the party when he left to pray for him! Even though we only had a handful of guests, I know we impacted them in a huge way. A few folks we invited in as they walked by, but they only spoke German, so I couldn't talk to them.

I will post when I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment