Friday, January 7, 2011

Types of ministry

We have done several types of ministries sinced we have arrived here in Germany. We have split up in a few groups each day. Some of my team worked with a kids hip hop dance ministry, while others have worked with teen challenge or a youth group. I went to teen challenge Tuesday night and really enjoyed building a friendship with Gabby. This ministry is open several nights a week and they serve food and coffee to street folks. They also go out on the street to love on people. Even though the name denotes teen ministry, we only saw older folks. We had praise & worship & they also prayed for some folks who requested it. There was a man there who had been a drug addict for 40 yrs. & he wanted prayer. Praise God! I think we get to go back next week, so I plan to go because Gabby wanted me to come see her again. I can't even tell you how many hugs she gave me before we left. Michael, one of the YWAM Berlin base directors said she is never that open & friendly. A few guys also had a great conversation with a guy in English. Michael said he was so pleased with our work that night & he said the atmosphere was full of love. We also went to the train station again Wednesday with our free hugs sign , guitar, & drum. Another group went out with 3 question surveys. Some of us were successful, but my partner and I were rejected a lot. It was super hard to be rejected over and over again, but I had to remember that they were rejecting Jesus not me. We asked 2 questions about their culture & the last one was how has God influenced your life? Each person read all three
questions, & all but one said they couldn't think of any answers. It was so weird to hear that no one could think of anything positive about their culture ( question # 1).

We also have done a lot of prayer walks. They want to start a new
ministry here in a park known for drug deals. We served coffe to drug dealers yesterday & the groups that went said they couldn't believe how nice the people were. Most of the people they met were not Germans, & it was just a job to support their family. I was in the group that prayed the whole time. We even went to the highest point in the park and put a stake in the ground to claim that park for God's kingdom. Well, it's really hard to blog from my phone so I'll write more later. Keep praying for us & for the Germans. It's super hard to watch their faces full of bitterness and pain.

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for the Germans hearts!! Keep being faithful to what God has called you to!!

    ReplyDelete