Sunday, November 14, 2010

His Masterpiece

To begin, I want to share my Facebook post from this evening ( sorry for the repeat FB friends, but some of my followers don't have facebook). Go ahead, laugh, it's funny. But really think about how jealous our God is for us. He's jealous for us, not of us.( Oprah is confused on this) Why, you ask? Because He knows nothing else we seek will satisfy, nothing else will do. He alone is our portion. ( Psalm 73)

I went 2 McCafe yesterday 2 use free wi-fi & work on my journal. A group from my team went
there a few hours before me, came back, & said that God was telling them 2
spend time w/Him, so He wouldn't allow them access to wi-fi. They said if u need 2
spend time w/ God, then the wi-fi will not work for u. The wi-fi only worked for 1 of the girls on our team and other random customers. So, u guessed it, wi-fi didn't work for me either, but it worked for other customers? I had a great time with my God, & when I returned, we all laughed. Our God loves us so much that He would mess up our pc's so we would have 2 spend time with Him! You gotta love it!


Destiny by Design

This week we had the privilege of going through the “Destiny by Design” workshop with a very enthusiastic YWAM missionary here in Costa Rica by the name of David Wright. I was super excited to hear what God had to say through David, and was hoping to have a better idea of what God wanted me to do after my training here. The first day was the most eye-opening for me. David gave us time to ask God about what we were inclined to do when we were little. I was able to remember some of my inclinations as a child, and they brought a smile to my face. I remembered that I loved to play with Cabbage Patch Kids, Barbie dolls, and anything I could love on. My mom also reminded me that I loved Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy this weekend. The desire to love deeply is still so much a part of me, and I love to love on people and animals. I was created to nurture and care for people, and want to work with children in some capacity next year.

David said that so many times we make our calling complicated, when we can just look at what we liked to do as kids. Winston Churchill enjoyed developing strategies and playing war games as a child. As we know, he became the Prime Minister of Great Britain during WWII, and is known as one the greatest military strategist in history.

Each day, we went through the acronym “DESIGN.”

Dreams
Experience
Soul print (personality)
Identity
Gifts
Networks

What’s next?
I’m praying about working for about 3-4 months( thinking about substitute teaching) when I return in February, then working at an orphanage in Central or S. America for the summer. I would like to return to Costa Rica, or attend a YWAM Bible Core Course in another location in the fall. Then in 2012, I would like to work full-time as a missionary with orphans or children at risk. I will be praying about these plans to see if they are just my dreams or God’s dreams for me. Please keep me in your prayers about this and feel free to ask me any questions.

I will sign off for now, but wanted to leave you with this poem I wrote inspired by Psalm 139 and this week's lectures. God Bless!

His Treasure

God said, “You were created special by Me.”
I said,“So why can’t I see?”
Then He told me, “You are precious in my eyes.”
I replied,“ Why can’t I see that I’m a prize?”

He said, “You are my beloved, one of a kind.”
I replied, “ Please Lord, help me to understand this in my mind.”
God said, “I loved you before you were born.”
I said, “Even before the first morn’?”

“Yes, my darling,” He replied.
I smiled at Him, then sighed.
I really am a treasure.
Then my Creator replied, “Yes, your worth is beyond measure!”

No comments:

Post a Comment