Monday, November 1, 2010

Sleep or Blog?

Okay, so I have been super busy, and I’m sorry for not posting. If it comes down to sleep or blogging, I will choose sleep 99% of the time! I do want to finish telling you about the most powerful week here so far, and then I will share a little more of what I have been doing for the last 2 weeks in the next several days. I also want to give you a disclaimer for the next few paragraphs. If you don’t like to hear about vomiting, then have someone read this, and tell you about it. I didn’t mention any details, just the word a few times. I don’t mean to offend you by telling details of my life here, I just want to be real with you.

2 weeks ago…
We cut soul ties as a group around a campfire. We wrote down the names of people who hurt us, said their names aloud (some also said what the people did to hurt them) and broke ties with the hurt they caused us. I don’t think it was a coincidence that just minutes before class, I started to feel sick to my stomach and I felt like I was going to vomit. It came out of no where, and I sat in class until I thought I was going to hurl. I can’t remember how long its been since I have felt that gross. I told one of the staff that my stomach was upset, and that I may have to leave. She said that it might be spiritual warfare, and it made sense since it came on so quickly. I really needed to cut soul ties, and experience freedom, so I know the powers of darkness wanted to “take me out” at that time. I left class and went to the restroom where I didn’t even know what end to put near the toilet, but I decided to sit. After my RR visit, I went to the fridge to get the Sprite I had bought the day before when I kind of felt some uneasiness in my stomach. Another coincidence? I don’t think so! I took the Sprite up to my room and sat near the trash can on a roomie’s bed, and prayed that God would heal me. I went to the RR again, and still felt awful, and at this point, I had the chills, and was shaking a little. I decided to tell Mar, one of the base directors, that I was not feeling feel, and would be in my room if the DTS staff was looking for me. She asked me to sit down next to her in the dining hall, where she was listening in on a marriage conference that our base was hosting for the week. They just went on a break, so she asked me what was wrong, and asked if she could pray for me. I said yes, of course, and she immediately began praying intensely for me. I told her I felt like I could vomit any minute, just so she would know that I might be running to the RR, even in the middle of prayer. I told her that I didn’t want to throw up, and she prayed that I wouldn’t. She laid hands on me and asked for the sickness to leave my body in Jesus’ name. About halfway through the prayer, Anabel, one of my leaders came in and was praying for me as well. She moved a trash can next to me, at Mar’s request. Mar said that she normally doesn’t tell people what she was about to tell me , but she felt very led to do so. She said something along the lines of, “I think you need to confess something, and you will feel better.” I can’t remember exactly what she said, but it was really good. I told her I think I need to forgive my family for past hurts, even from childhood, but I didn’t know how. She encouraged me to start praying, so I did. I was crying, and it was difficult to let go of those feelings of hurt and rejection, but as I did so, I felt better. After I prayed for a few minutes, she said, I think you need to be with your family ( DTS team), and she walked me outside to the campfire.

 My family had already written down the names of the people they wanted to cut soul ties with, and were confessing them aloud in front of our group and leadership. I borrowed some paper and a pen from a teammate, and began to write down all the names of people who had hurt me. The more names I wrote down ,the better I felt. Mar asked me if I was okay, and I said yes, “ I feel so much better”, and she went back inside. Within a matter of minutes, I felt completely normal, and the sickness had left my body. ( By the way, I never threw up!!!!) The real freedom moments came, though, as I cut soul ties with those who had hurt me including family, friends, and boyfriends in front of my team. When I cut soul ties, I just cut the bad ties that I had with people, it doesn’t mean that I’m never going to talk to them again. I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of me, and it felt great to be free. Most of us went in front of the group more than once, and after we said the names and offenses aloud, we threw the paper into the fire! YEAH!!! Each of us was told to say this as well: I AM FREE or SOY LIBRE!
 
We finished the week of Plumb Line with a bang, as another of our family members was delivered from an evil spirit. I did get his permission to share his testimony, but I won’t mention his name. He is from Central America, and is 20 years old. I could not believe what my new friend had been through, and my heart just broke as he shared his story. His older brother was a homosexual and sexually abused him for years. This brother had even allowed his friends to sexually abuse him. His brother told him that he was gay too, and as result he was sexually immoral with other men. He was made fun of at school and beaten up by bullies. He also grew up with a father who never told him that he loved him, because he wanted to have a baby girl instead of a boy. My new friend had suffered so much rejection and injustice in his life, and we would all agree that he had every right to be angry. He even met with a witch at some point and made a pact with Satan to get revenge on all of the people who had hurt him However, by making the pact with Satan and the sexual sin he committed, he had opened a door for a demon to possess him. We discovered later that he had been inhabited by a spirit of death, and desperately needed to be set free and healed. He even mentioned that he was being tormented by this demon while he was here. The demon told him to go to the pharmacy and buy some pills. He said he didn’t have money to buy the pills, but when he went inside the pharmacy, the exact amount of money was on the floor. WOW! This demon was really trying to kill him!!! He said he kept hearing the demon tell him to take the pills, but he eventually threw them into a ditch and went back to the base. Like the other demons, this demon was throwing him around, and the demon yelled several times, “El es mio” ( he is mine). My friend finally had his deliverance about an hour or so later he vomited, and the demon was released. I know this sounds really crazy, but I witnessed everything. I’m not trying to freak or gross you out, but I am sharing this story to show you 2 things:

1) the power of our Risen King in dealing with the power of darkness!!!!
2) the power and reality of the spirit realm
If we are in Christ, we have no need of worrying about anything like this happening to us. We are sealed in Christ, if we have received Him as Savior AND Lord(Ephesians 1:13-14, John 10:28-29). We have to give Him full reign over our lives, not just believe He's God. If you are not sure you have done this, ask me or your local Christian who is sold-out for Jesus! My e-mail is boudreaux97@hotmail.com

More to come soon on local outreaches, etc!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment